Sigma Lambda Beta (ΣΛΒ) is the largest Latino-based social fraternity established on cultural understanding and wisdom. Founded on April 4, 1986 at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa the organization is committed to create and expand multicultural leadership, promote academic excellence, advance cultural awareness and service while influencing its mission amongst all dedicated collegiate men worldwide. With over 144 entities consisting of colonies, chapters, and alumni associations across the country and in Puerto Rico, Sigma Lambda Beta is the largest historically Latino Fraternal Greek Lettered intercollegiate fraternity in America.
The mission of all Beta men is to nurture and further a dynamic, value-based environment which utilizes its diverse multicultural membership as a catalyst:
- To create and expand multicultural leadership.
- To cultivate honorable friendships.
- To advance male success in college and beyond.
- To promote culture in a positive manner.
- To exhibit standards of excellence in morality, ethics and education.
- To better serve the needs and wants of all people by disseminating the diverse culture which we all share.
- To nurture values of fairness, opportunity, and the equality of all men regardless of their race, culture, or ethnicity in society.
- To help progress our country and the world by enhancing our understanding of one another.